Let’s think about muffins for awhile. There are times when they are the perfect desert, especially for when you have guests over, for breakfast or on-the-go. And since we have people over for the World Cup later today (Switzerland – Brazil), I baked some blueberry muffins to treat our guests. In reality, I don’t think guys give a damn about muffins, but I just wanted a good reason to use my new Kenwood Chef Sense. It only took me two days and 3 recipes and I already fell deeply in love with it. Pizza is also on the menu for today, so stay stay tuned here.
Meanwhile, take a look at this simple, quick and healthy recipe. Yields about 12 muffins.
- 1 cup yogurt (use non-dairy for V)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350° F). This step really is important, so don’t skip it.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, coconut sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until combined and has no lumps.
- Add the all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking soda, salt. Blend or stir well to mix.
- Gently fold in all blueberries and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture into a 12-muffin pan (either greased with oil / butter or directly in muffin paper liners).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from the pan. Otherwise they might be too soft.
Prepping is easy and quick with a manual whisk or normal mixer. If you have a standing mixer, just place all ingredients in the above mentioned order and use the wire whip attachement, mixing at speed 2.